Team Zimbabwe – The United Nations Sustainable Goals

By Anoziva Marindire

  • $20.00

    Raised of $15,000.00 Goal

  • 0


  • 0

    Hours to Go

All contributions will be collected automatically until July 15, 2016.

Please contribute, comment and share.

Merit360 is the world’s most significant program for global citizens committed to tackle the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals, World Merit will gather 360 change-makers from all over the world in the USA for two weeks in August this year, to work on projects that will contribute in tackling the SDGs. These two weeks will focus on skill development, teamwork and sustainable development projects. The program is meant to be life- and world changing for the participants and the planet. It concludes in the United Nations Headquarters in New York and will include many global leaders as speakers and mentors.

To find out all about Merit360, please find the brochure here:

We are pleased that 5 young Zimbabweans have been selected to participate in the Merit360 fellowship program and have each committed to tackling one of the UN-SDGs as part of the fellowship program. These young visionaries recognise the importance of addressing and finding sustainable solutions to the problems their nation, continent and the world face like Climate Change, Clean Water & Sanitation, Decent Work & Economic Growth, Responsible Consumption & Production and Ending Poverty, which are problems that not only Zimbabwe faces but the continent as a whole.

Specific detail of how the funds are going to be used. 
The cost for one person to participate in the program is GBP6000 (US$8713) and fortunately all the participants have been given a partial scholarship that covers 87.5% of the total cost of participating by World Merit and have been tasked to fund-raise the remaining 12.5%. The Zimbabwe team needs your assistance to raise this required 12.5% for each of the five team members and flight fares.

The breakdown for the requested funds is as follows;

  • USD$5285 – 12.5% Cost of participation which will cover cost for accommodation & food for the duration of the trip to the UN for 5 people.
  • USD$6000 – Cost of return tickets for 5 people to and from Harare to New York at $1200 per person/per ticket.
  • USD$1800 – Visa fees for 5 people @USD360/pp.
  • USD$1900 is just provision just in case flight tickets prices would have increased before we book tickets. In the eventuality that the price does stay the same the money will go towards a fellows national awareness campaign tour to Zimbabwe’s universities after the trip, where we will share what we would have learned, the opportunities that were/are open to Zimbabwean youth under the UN and World Merit in regards to youths who want to tackle the UN-Sustainable Development Goals.


A Zimbabwean family based in South Africa has been kind enough to donate boxes of perfumes for men and women towards our cause and if anyone donates an amount of $10 – $20 they will receive a bottle of perfume from the Fragrance Factory courtesy of the Merit 360 Zimbabwe team. We will be holding a special dinner titled the Visionaries Ball in May and anyone who donates $50 and above will get tickets to attend the special dinner where they will have an opportunity to meet and greet with the fellows and some of Zimbabwe’s leading visionaries in business, community development, health, science etc.

If anyone donates anything above $500 – $1000 we commit to go speak and motivate students at one high school of their choice either before we depart or after we come back.

If a corporate donates above $1000 we will commit to acting as their brand ambassadors and promote their products/services on all our social media sites, the World Merit community site which has over 100000 youth member from across the globe including Zimbabweans in and out of the country, we will create video blog reviews of their products and services and post on our blogs and online platforms. We have also been notified that deadline for payments is now mid July so the campaign deadline is now 15 July.

Merit 1

Names of people involved in the project. 
Team Zimbabwe is made up of the following;

  • Mercy Chatyoka – Tackling UN-SDG #1
  • Christian Mudiwa – Tackling UN-SDG #6
  • Takudwa Chinotungamira – Tackling UN-SDG #1
  • Anoziva Marindire – Tackling UN-SDG #13
  • Calvin Mawarire – Tackling UN-SDG #8




For detailed information on the 5 team members follow the link below;

Campaign Owner – World Merit Zimbabwe

Organisation –  World Merit Zimbabwe

Location –  Harare

Contact details

Contact person – Anoziva Marindire

Leave a Comment

  1. Lucy Mazarura

Please contribute, show support.

This Campaign has ended. No more pledges can be made.